• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers comp claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bekka

kentucky: i have a workers comp case in progress now since may 2000 after an on-the-job injury to my back, my question is...i have seen the managed care dr required my employer and have completed physical therapy on 2 occassions, i am now seeing a chiropractor from the managed care list they provided...I asked about an mri and the response was "you dont need one unless you're going to have surgery", well this pain has worsened and i have increased difficulty working 12 hour shifts, i leave in tears from the pain, how will I ever know if i need surgery if they never do an mri to confirm the degree of injury? the chiropractor said "we know we are dealing with a disk" and I did improve last year after following their car plan then the pain and leg difficulties returned and were worse than before with numbness burning tingling and nights without sleep.I feel like they are putting me off til they can say the time limit is up on this claim and i am sole support for my family at present, I want to be well and work without this degree of pain, i have been a good employee and have worked at my job for 24 years and haven't had a claim such as this before.

B

buddy2bear

Get your list out and contact a "bona fide" doctor. You do have a right to a second, and even a third, opinion. Don't sit back and wait until you end up in a wheelchair. Worry about who is going to pay for the MRI afterword.

Surf your State's website and look up their Injured Workers Fund or Workers' Compensation Commission and read everything. They should/might have their rules and regulations on their website and it might inform you more fully of your rights vis-a-vis choice of medical services. You do not have to stay with a "company doctor."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">