• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car alignment problem or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vdo

well, i bought a used car about 3 weeks ago...
i didnt really notice the car was pulling to the right in the beginnign.. well now it is apparaent that hte car pulls to the right.. esp at high speeds...

i had the dealer align the car twice.. and they said the alignment is ok and that the tire is producing a "radial pull" which is y it is thrown off...

at this point WHAT CAN I DO??? are tires under warranty? the sheet doesnt mention it.... i have directional tires so i can't swap em to see if they pull on the other side...

is the dealer responsbile for fixing this or can they neglect responsibility?

L

lawrat

no warranty? Does the car have any warranty? tires? if none, then oh well.

vdo

car is under warranty... but are dealers liable for tires too??? the dealer is saying that they are not liable for tires... and at this point its just the mechnics that is saying that the tire is bad... i really have no idea if that is really the case...

L

lawrat

you have to look at the warranty WORD FOR WORD. If it looks like it excludes tires, then out of luck. If it is vague, it can be reasonably to include everything.

I say get the better business bureau and department of consumer affairs involved and see what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">