• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inaccuracies given by police officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

prettymad

I had just got done working ten hours as a pizza deliverer and i went over to see a freind at his job as a dj at a bowling ally which didnt close til 2:30 in the morning. Afterwards we left. I drove through the parking lot which had a few potholes which i happened to run over on the way out. The exit that I used led directly to the road I wanted to turn onto and had no stop sign, no stop signal, yeild sign or anything else there. Well I was heading toward that exit and as I approached I scanned the road to see if there was any oncoming traffic for which I would have to stop or if I could just turn onto the road and be on my way home. I was turning left where there was no traffic in that lane that would cause any problems but there was some traffic approaching in the opposite direction(which would be if I was turning right). I fealt that I had ample time to turn so I did. It happened to be that a police officer was one of the cars that was coming. I was correct in my assumption that I had ample time to turn because I cleared the cars easily. Well the cop makes a U-turn and turns on his lights and pulls me over.
The cop tells me that "I was flying through a parking lot and that I interfered with his pursuit of another vehicle." That really pissed me off because my car is a honda civic from 1985 and that thing isnt flying anywhere in any parking lot especially when im driving over potholes. Secondly, I didnt interfere with anything because he was not in pursuit of anyone as he was the lead car and had no lights or sirens on. He runs his damn check and tells me that I'm being cited for failure to yeild in a private lot. I did in fact yeild as I hit my breaks before entering the street and then I turned. I am really wanting to challenge this as the A-Hole did not even have the courtesy to return my registration to me. Someone please tell me if I should challenge this because I plan on going all the way with this as I am very pissed. I see cops break these laws all the time and maybe its time the system changes.

P

prettymad

Thanks for the support I AM ALWAYS LIABLE. I am going to do my best to hang them out to dry but I need to know the best way to gain access to the video tape the cop had inside his car as he told me it captured everything and how to gain access to all the citations given by that officer in the last few months. I will be representing myself so there should be no reason for them to decline my requests but I'm not sure if I should make my request in writing or go ask them or what. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">