• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

swindled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chicky626

State is California. I did a favor for my friend and open a bank account so she can deposit her checks, and didn't want her husband to know. I got like 20 letters from the bank that I owed $7,000.00 in bounced check fee's and fake checks. The checks were written and deposited and drawn on. Not from me but her. I went to her house and she refused to make good on it. She said I can't prove a thing that she did it. Now the bank is taking action against me. Is there anything that can protect me by law with this situation? i trusted that she was honest with me.I also went to the bank, and the customer salesman acted like I had a desease.He said I would have to make good on this before they send it to collections. I am sure that's where it is now, but it's not fair for me to have to pay that money back when I didn't even have it.Please Help.
Chicky

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">