• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving in VIRGINIA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coolen

Hi all,

Someone I know was stopped in Prince William County VIRGINIA for reckless driving.
The officer said they were doing 58mph in a 35mph zone.

They have been told to appear in court at a later date.

My question is, how can the officer prove they were driving in a reckless manner?

Is the driver just supposed to take the word of the officer without proof?

They have a clean driving record (except for a speeding ticket from a year ago) and they are worried they may lose their license, or insurance will go up.

Can anyone offer any advice on what they might do in court to fight this, or at least pay only a fine and not lose points or licnese or effect insurance rates?

Thanks a lot.

HomeGuru

coolen said:
Hi all,

Someone I know was stopped in Prince William County VIRGINIA for reckless driving.
The officer said they were doing 58mph in a 35mph zone.

They have been told to appear in court at a later date.

My question is, how can the officer prove they were driving in a reckless manner?

Is the driver just supposed to take the word of the officer without proof?

**My response: yes.

They have a clean driving record (except for a speeding ticket from a year ago)
**My response: then that's not a clean driving record.

and they are worried they may lose their license, or insurance will go up.

Can anyone offer any advice on what they might do in court to fight this, or at least pay only a fine and not lose points or licnese or effect insurance rates?

Thanks a lot.
How fast were they going and how reckless were they driving?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">