• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled over for window tint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rillymack

I was pulled over today, 7/23/01, by a cop on foot, for my window tint that is too dark for North Carolina.

Here is the problem...
I recieved the car from my brother after mine broke down, and i was unaware of the tint laws in NC.

When the cop told me that my tint was too dark, i offered to remove the tint right then because i didn't really care for it anyway. He refused, because i guess he would rather generate $140 in revenue for the city than solve the problem.

Should i get a lawyer and fight this? OR should i just pay the fine? I really dont want to pay the fine not because i cant afford it but because i feel that i have been wronged.

also, he did not have me sign the ticket, this is a long shot but loopholes would be nice.

thanks in advance for any posts!

R

rillymack

back

I feel i was wronged in this way: The car is a temporary loaner from my brother until he gets out of the air force, (6 months total time) so it doesn't seem right to me that i should need to take the tint off of a car that is not mine. also, upon learning that the tint is illegal, I offered to take the tint off and the officer refused.

You see, i feel as though in these circumstances where someone does not know the law, that they should first be given a warning ticket, and then if I didn't comply and was pulled over again, then I would deserve a violation ticket. The fact that the officer didn't even consider this option leads me to believe that it is quota time for the cops.

the laws regarding tint in NC are 32% and below is illegal. mine was 23% on all windows.(exept front of course)

i hope this helps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">