• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How should I plea?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pck

My DL was suspended in FL due to several tickets that didn't belong to me. Someone else was driving my car through the toll booth 7 times and they took the picture of my License plate, so they sent the tickets to me. I was in the process of clearing my records when my DL was suspended. Then I got stopped twice in Georgia (I moved to GA): one for not stopping at the Stop sign and another for not having current insurance card. Besides got taken to jail for driving under suspended license, I also got 4 tickets: 2 for suspended DL, 1 for the stop sign and 1 for not having current insurance card. The FL DMV has issued the clearance letter and I have the current insurance card. On my court date, how should I plea? I am not guilty for the suspension of my Lics., but I am guilty of not stopping properly. Would the judge listen to my reasoning on why my DL was suspended? Can I drive in GA just with the clearance letter (they took my DL away) ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">