• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workman's compensation ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

woosy52

i live in new mexico. i was injured july 23,2001. i work at lube and oil change chain, which is owned by local people.
as i coming up stairs a tire blew out, that had been filled with 80lbs.of air, by manager. the tire shouldhave had 44 lbs.
the blast threw me against wall,i could not hear.
i had appointment with head and neck physician, where hearing test revealed a 70% hearing loss.what do i do now?
another test is set for tuesday, to determine if loss will be permanent.There are no lawyers in our town that handle this type of case.what are my options? i don't want to have to hassle with workman's compensation people about this claim. are there other options open after workman's comp?

B

Backless

Seems to me that you may have a very serious hearing disability due to an accident at work. My advice to you would be to deal with any hassles workers comp. may give you. It's too early to decide if your being treated unfairly. Get to the Dr. that W. C. sends you to and begin treatment right away. What may seem like a small matter now may cause serious problems later. If you don't cooperate with what W.C.asks of you,your letting them off the hook and they will deny you later.Remember W.C. is there for the injured worker and that is what you claim to be. Don't be foolish. Take care off your medical problems. Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">