• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

iwif

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leta

What can i do when IWIF refuses to pay a court order from the commissioner for out of pocket medical exspenses awarded in my favor? My lawyers do not return my calls,don't mail me,are out,in meetings, etc.and I have a written settlement agreement with them,IWIF and the court commissioner. I have been fighting this last claim for 2 years.before that 3 years. My main problem is that this happened in Md. and I lost my home and had to move to Az.for health reasons.I have been told I need someone in Md.to help me and I can not afford to fly back to represent myself and change lawyers after 5 years (although that is what should be done).I have written the commissioner twice, who said to change law firms and the senator and representitive of Md.with no response from either.I feel there is one person at IWIF who told my lawyers she did not like me,althought we never met,who is responsible for me not being paid.She did not like me getting a second opinion from a Dr. of MY choice.They all know they have me over a barrel since I moved.I am in dire strait for this money owed me.please help..

Arrius

IWIF is Horrible

I wish I could answer this question because I do know just how frustrating Maryland IWIF can be. I won my IWIF case long ago and was also granted lifetime medicals. It did not take long though to realize that lifetime medicals have little to no value. I have never been able to use the medicals only because IWIF have simply ignored the request for medical even when I did request it. They basically choose to ignore the injured knowing that unless you have the funds for legal representation their not willing to give up anything. This means that as long as Im willing to spend a $1000 in legal expenses each time I wish to obtain medical care their not going to pay for the care. IWIF is basically a state run farse for insurance that fails the injured in every way imaginable. If your an employer in Maryland then your forced to provide your employees with workers compensation coverage. They are not the greatest but at least better than IWIF. The state opts out of workers compensation coverage in favor of self insuring under IWIF this way they can simply refuse to do what other employers must do for their injured employees. I do hope you are successful but rest assured it can become a futile effort just trying. IWIF did pay my medicals,lost wages and in the end something like $15,000. .Then the lifetime medicals but by that time they were done with me and they knew that the lifetime medicals was something I would never actually see in this lifetime.

Banned_Princess

I wish I could answer this question because I do know just how frustrating Maryland IWIF can be. I won my IWIF case long ago and was also granted lifetime medicals. It did not take long though to realize that lifetime medicals have little to no value. I have never been able to use the medicals only because IWIF have simply ignored the request for medical even when I did request it. They basically choose to ignore the injured knowing that unless you have the funds for legal representation their not willing to give up anything. This means that as long as Im willing to spend a $1000 in legal expenses each time I wish to obtain medical care their not going to pay for the care. IWIF is basically a state run farse for insurance that fails the injured in every way imaginable. If your an employer in Maryland then your forced to provide your employees with workers compensation coverage. They are not the greatest but at least better than IWIF. The state opts out of workers compensation coverage in favor of self insuring under IWIF this way they can simply refuse to do what other employers must do for their injured employees. I do hope you are successful but rest assured it can become a futile effort just trying. IWIF did pay my medicals,lost wages and in the end something like $15,000. .Then the lifetime medicals but by that time they were done with me and they knew that the lifetime medicals was something I would never actually see in this lifetime.
Why would you open this 10 year old thread?

Dead threads stay dead.

thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">