• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud - will i go to jail?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

denafun

2 years ago my mother died in may, in october my father died...i was at their house alone w/ a broken foot...credit card offers kept arriving in the mail....i am a compulsive spender and on disability for chronic clinical depression...i filled out the credit card forms and signed my mothers name...i was isolated 3000 miles from where i live and in shock from losing my parents...i bought things on the internet....i made the payments until i got in too deep to pay...i filed bankruptcy 5 years ago...i'm willing to make small payments to all the creditors but the collection companies are saying if i don't make a large payment they will file fraud charges....am i going to go to jail? i know i made bad decisions and then compulsively got in over my head......help please

D

denafun

reply to homeguru's reply to Fraud post

thank you for your reply to my post....you advised me to get a personal attorney....but i have no money....i now own my parents' modest house in Florida so i don't qualify for legal aid (at least that's what i was told in california) i can't get a loan on the house because nobody but a predatory lender would give me money....i can't lose the house it's all i've got....sounds pathetic doesn't it....the bard is right as always...what a tangled web we weave when first we practice(?) to deceive! yikes!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">