• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations in OR, GA, & AL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

akagirl

Hi,

Problem 1: My best friend met a girl on the internet (his age 22), she told him that she was 18, turned out she was 16. in OR. He had sex with her a couple of times. Back in 1996. He doesn't know her name, she doesn't know his. Nobody knows anything about this.

Problem 2: Same guy lived in GA. Met a girl 16 or 17 yrs old, when he was still 22. Her parents knew they were going out and were probably doing 'stuff'. He had sex with her many times. He doesn't remember her name, she doesn't remember his (probably), nobody knows about their relationship, except me. She lived in Alabama, he lived in GA, they had sex in both states, also in 1996.

Is there a statute of limitations if any crime was committed? I know that 18 is age of consent in OR, and at the time I believe 14 in AL and maybe in GA 16? I can only find information on today's ages. Any clue as to what they were in 1996?

If nobody says anything to anybody, will he be alright in 2003? I just don't want to see him hurt or labeled anything that he isn't.

Thanks for your thoughts....

R

rvrrunnr

YOU IDIOT! What do you mean nobody knows anything? now we all know. I'm telling.

T

Third Party

18 ; 16; 16

Problem 1: Age of consent in Oregon is 18. Prob was this age in 1996 also. Statue of limitations? Well I would imagine it will be one hell of a lot longer than 2003.

Problem 2: Age of consent, which is under debate now in Georgia, is 16 for both states. Thus, no problem there.

Obviously, if no one presses charges, then there won't be any lawsuits.

A

akagirl

Well....anybody know what's next....

Okay,

That was good info, but is he going to have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life? Isn't there a limit like 7-10 years or something?

Any thoughts would be great. Anybody know if it is in the law anywhere, I've been looking and I only found definitions and stuff...

Would it be wise to ask an lawyer?

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">