• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never notified about suspension, car got impounded, is this fair?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jay88

California

I recently was trying to get my license back from a ticket I forgot about but was told by DMV that I needed a release from the DA (DSS Clearance Required). So basically the DA office suspended my license. Here lies the problem, I was NEVER notified at all. When I called the DA office to discuss this matter they told me that I did not have to be notified by them.

Is this correct? If so how the hell would I know my license is suspended if nobody notifies me? Now I have to pay $500 which I do not have (laid off) right now in order to get it back. It does not make sense to me at all that the DA DOES NOT have to notify you if they put a hold on your license. How would someone know? Am I supposed to go to DMV everyday to make sure my license is valid?

This doesnt make sense and because of this, the DA has now cost me job oppurtunities because I have no way to get to the interviews and if I got hired I have no way to get to work because my car was impounded because of this.

Is this fair?

thanks for your time

racer72

I would be willing to bet that that somewhere on the backside of the citation it states "license will be suspended of fine is not paid prior to date on citation". You forgot to pay your ticket, the state did not forget to suspend your license. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">