• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chamberlain1970

I have a good friend who has sked her husband for a divorce and he is not to responsive to the idea. She had signed his name to a credit card check and cashed it some time back and he found out about it later but forgave her for doing it and started paying off the loan. Now that she wants a divorce he is telling her that he will charge her with forgery and fraud and say he knew nothing about it if she don't stay. Can he do that? And if so would it stick?
The state is Virginia

I guess my question is to hard to answer or the wrong forum. Can you tell me the statutes of limitations on fraud and forgery in Virginia. Thank you.

Last edited:

C

chamberlain1970

Still looking for advice

Still looking for advice for my friend. A little more info about the loan. Her and her husband used the money to pay off other bills and to purchase things for the house. The loan occured over two years ago and they have been making the payments with a joint checking account. She pays all the bills with the checking account. Thank you for your time.

C

chamberlain1970

Thank You

Thank you for your advice. I have been telling her to seek legal advice. She has not been to responsive to my suggestions because she is scared he will go through with it if she does. She was also wondering if she borrowed the money from her family (mom/dad) and payed the loan off would he still be able to press charges. Thanks again for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">