• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recieved stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redhott

I am a california resident. i allowed a family member to rent out my basement.The police came with a search warrent and found a huge amount of stolen property.i was not aware what he was storing,now my husband and i are involved and being charged with a felony.the police only has one witness that is an empoylee of the company the stolen property came from which my family member used to work for.my family member in who i trusted is now on the run from the law leaving my husband and i to clean up his mess.our lawyers are becoming frustrated with us because they aren't hearing what they want to hear... they want to hear us say we knew what he had storaged in our basement,but the truth is we did'nt!i feel two innocent people are going to convicted of a crime, while the guilty run free,because of lack of defense.we have court appointed lawyersis there a difference between one we have retained ourselves?

HomeGuru

Get rid of that public defender and hire your own private attorney. The wrong legal counselor can sell you down the river like your relative rip-off artist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">