• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

obtaining police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

j.bohlke

arizona
is it within my rights to have this report?
i need to obtain police reports concerning by brothers murder in 1978. i have talked to the detective that handled this case from 92' to 00'. there didn't seem to be a problem being able to get the report when speaking to this detective. he then informed me he had changed departments and the case was on the cold shelf and not reassigned to anyone. i made a public request for the report and was turned down. the reason: the case was active and being worked on. i do not know if my resources were correct as to my rights to have this report.
my brother dissappeared in oct. 78. it was kept as an open case because of suspicion of foul play. my brothers remains were found in 92'. the case has been on the cold shelf more than being worked on in my opinion. there is a suspect in this case, just not enough evidence to convict.
my reason for wanting the report is that i have resources to help me try to convict this killer.
thank you, j.bohlke

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">