• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal name change?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jazncrunch

state of nv: my son lives in nv, but it was ordered to stay in az and his mother moved him anyway (2 1/2 yrs ago). i haven't been able to locate him exactly but have been trying desperately i have recenly discovered his "unlisted phone number" and have been talking to him (to my great surprise she didn't change the number). recently i requested a copy of his birth certificate from az & it came back that his name was changed by nv court order to his mother's new married name. she never informed me, served me & she has known how to get in touch with me, yet she chose to do this wihtout my knowledge (for obvious reasons). 1st question: az still has jurisdiction so nv does not have competent jurisdiction does it? 2nd question: being she withheld information from the court (namely that i'm the father & she knew where i was the whole time) yet knowing i don't live in nv she didn't serve me doesn't that mean that she intentionally omitted pertinent information and as such she defrauded nv? 3rd question: what now? i want to invalidate the order obviously, but how? is this a crime? (fraud?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">