• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault, burglary, and harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

padch

I was served with a domestic violence civil complaint and temporary restraining order by an ex-boyfriend who lives in NJ. I live in GA and a week before he filed I had called out GA police to file one against him in GA we do not meet the relationship test for TRO/PO (cohabitation, married, or parents of a child together) however in NJ a dating relationship qualifies for a TRO. He has accused me of assault in late June of 2001 (have no idea?), burglary on July 4th (i did enter his house and spent the night, he had given me a key 2 weeeks prior, i let him know i was there, and told him I stayed there the next day, never removed or damaged anything) and alledges continued harrasment to him and his family (I did call him several times on the 4th of July hoping to talk). What exactly does all of this mean legally and what are my rights? Should i fight this or let it go? He assaulted me on 7/1/01 (third party witness that he told he had struck me) and threatned my life and my little sisters during our argument all of this occured in GA though. He lives in NJ and I dont plan on returning to that state, he on the other hand has offices here and in TX where my family resides. Answers? Suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">