• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Afarid! Didnt do anything! please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cowman

I am from nj. I work in a mall. I chat with customers. One guy came in everyday for almost two months. I would talk with him. I am not allowed to leave a designated area at work. its my job. I asked one day what hes always there for. Well, he started bragging to me about how he steals stuff and then sells it. I was shocked. I didnt want to talk to somebody like that but had no choice. I told the malls head of security, i was afraid he would get busted and they would think that since i talk to him i was involved. Now i am afraid he thinks I Am involved. They havent caught the guy yet. I am afraid that if they catch him the head of security will think i am in on it too and try to charge me. Could he do that? Please respond. I have no criminal past. I AM TERRIFIED BEYON BELIEF. I HAVE EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS AND I HAVE HARDLY SLEPT IN THREE DAYS!

[Edited by cowman on 07-30-2001 at 12:56 PM]

JETX

Of course you could be considered to be in 'the gang', but it is highly unlikely that anything would come from this consideration... unless they were to find some relationship or 'connection' between the two of you.

In any case, you did right by letting mall security know of the situation. Now, let them do their job by catching him.

C

clayspretty

I don't think I would worry about being charged. I mean how can they charge you if you are telling people about him and are trying to do something about it.
My worry would be, having to deal will him everyday and watching him contantly.
If you had a good employer or security they would watch for him to come in the store then tell him he is not longer welcome in the store due to statement he has made about being a thief.
Looks like someone needs to get a clue, ya know?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">