• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tape Recording a Meeting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stan1

I have a question about recording a meeting.
This took place in a college class room, where class is held. Before class started the school admin. came in to talk about a school policy.
The meeting was recorded so those members of the class who were not there would know what went on, and what new changes were taking place. And I would not want to misquote them. Now it seems that the school admin people are a little upset about this recording. We record classes all the time. I do not see a problem with this. One school offical said he would see me in court for recording him with out his knowledge. I said the recorder was in plain sight. Any ideas on this matter?

D

dorenephilpot

If the recorder was in plain view and it's common practice to record in classrooms there without permission from the teacher, sounds like this guy is just ticked off that he said something that he's not proud of.

You didn't mention what state you're from, and that might matter.

LegalBeagle

I would be surprised if a school admin person was allowed to sue a teacher/student in the first place.. It would seriously effect their career in the long run and would certainly be advised against doing so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">