• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UnderaGE DRIVING IN VT BETWEEN .02-.08

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gdm321

I WAS CHARGED WITH DRIVING BETWEEN .02 AND .08 PERCENT BAC (.046). i ADMITTED THE VIOLATION AND THEN RECIEVED A NOTICE THAT i HAD TO GO TO CRASH AND MY LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED FOR 6 MONTHS. tHIS IS MY FIRST OFFENSE AND MY TICKET HAD 0 POINTS 0 FINE. I OWULKD LIKE TO KNOW MY OPTIONS, SHOULD I FIGHT IT IN THE COURTS OR SHOULD I DO MY TIME? THANKS.
\GEORGE

L

lawrat

I am thinking there was a typo. it will show up on your record and it will be serious.

K

kyleabu

Without knowing the full details as to how the officer came to pull you over it is difficult to assess whether or not you should challenge it. IF the stop was without reasonable suspicion then you may want to challenge it. Just because a person blows over the legal limit doesnt mean they are guilty of DUI. IF the police officer pulls the person over without any reason for doing so the results of the Breathalyzer could be suppressed and thus the charge for DUI goes with it as well. Being that you are underage any amount of alcohol registered is a per se violation. It doesnt matter that you were under the legal limit for adults. As a minor the legal limit is Zero. If the cop pulled you over without citing you for any other traffic violations (speeding, Reckless driving, failing to come a complete stop....) then you might want to run it past an attorney to see what your options are for the state you live in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">