• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disbursement Of Checks To Children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SCARED2ASK

Mother has been deceased for over 5 years and a sister has been living in her home-free of charge. She has made arrangements to keep the house recently and the title company issued checks to the surviving children (my mothers will stated that all remaining children were to get their portion from the selling of the home). Oldest sister is executor of will and was handed over all the checks for disbursal. Evreyone has rcvd their checks except me. I am unemployed at this time and could use the money - when I called her to ask where my check was - she told me that she was having it reissued to the IRS or whoever I owe monies to. I called the title company and had them put a stop pay on the check and to send directly to me. Does she have a right to do this and will I get in trouble for requesting another check to sent? She and the rest of the family have always been ugly towards me and any chance to be vindictive to me-they will. Thank you!

ALawyer

If the estate received a lein or attachment order, she would have been compelled to hold the proceeds and turn the money over to creditors andnot release them to you.

As you are now getting whjat you want, why go into past ugly history -- what's past is past and talking about her wrongful or proper acts gets you nowhere.

Also, I have learned that very often folks get on the wrong side of people when they act irresponsibly -- like not paying bills, etc. And why are you the family outcast - are they all wrong all the time? Do you think that maybe it is time to start cleaning up your own act?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">