• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

public defender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

McKoski

My son, age 20, was given a breath test for a minor. He failed. If he had the test for a person over age 21 he probably would have passed. They said this is different than a DUI because the blood alcohol level is lower and because he isn't 21 yet. I'm not sure I understand that.

At his first court appearance the judge told him to plead not guilty and get a public defender, then come back in one week. This is where we are now. I'm not sure why the judge advised this. Also, he drives a truck at work. If he is still allowed to drive, will the company insurance policy cancel him?

Thanks for the advice.

L

lawrat

A young person under 21 by law should not be drinking. THEREFORE, any amount of alcohol in his blood would be considered violative of the law, even if that same amount would be legal if he was over 21.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">