• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Provision of Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deja1972

I am a student with the University of Phoenix, Louisiana campus. During my program of study, I have had two academic counselors who advised me that I needed 3.0 hrs of social science before I completed my program. In May I took a Macroeconomics CLEP, which is classified as a social science by the College Board, and the University of Phoenix gave me credit for the exam in June. It wasn't until July, when I had completed my final class with the University that my academic counselor informed me that Macroeconomics is not recognized by UOP as a social science. My grievance is that neither the academic counselors, the University catalog, nor the student website provided me with any restrictions on CLEP examinations relating the University of Phoenix. I feel that the university was negligent in their duty to provide me, the student, with pertinent information. I have expressed my situation to several levels of management with the University to no avail. The Operations Supervisor said that it is a training issue with regards to the academic counselors. I don't feel that the I should be required to pay for another exam or another class in order to satisfy the requirement. Do you have any suggestions? Do I have a legal recourse?

Sincerely,

CGH

D

dorenephilpot

I would write a letter to the person who you think could resolve this matter for you at the school.

Send it certfied mail.

Briefly describe the problem and offer several solutions.

Give the person a deadline to respond.

Note in the letter that if the person doesn't respond by the deadline that you will be forced to seek legal advice on this issue in order to get it resolved.

Then talk to an attorney in your state. Most offer free initial consultations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">