• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crossing double lines to avoid speedbumps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

Xxaire

I crossed the double line by 8 inches to go around a high speed bump on the campus of a school I used to attend.

The officer is citing me for reckless driving, on account my crossing the double line.

Although the college was empty (school is out) and the speedbump is almost 6 inches high, I still feel it was entrapment as she watched me go around the speedbumps well under the speed limited and then waited until I left the university to pull me over.

I live in Virginia.

Can I beat this in court or will I have to suck it up and pay a fine.

Thanks for any advice.
:confused: :mad:

JETX

Let's see, you VOLUNTARILY and KNOWINGLY crossed a solid double line to avoid the inconvenience of a speed bump and want to know if you are guilty. AND YOU DID THIS IN FRONT OF AN OFFICER!!

Pretty simple.

Guilty as charged. (Gavel slams off stage)

Since this was a female officer, maybe she was just trying to get your phone number and then decided to cite you when you accused her of ENTRAPMENT!!!

I guess the 'entrapment' was that the double line was just too damn good to pass up!!

X

Xxaire

Well, I never "accused" her of it (not to her face anyway). But thanks for the advice I won't bother going to court. I'll just pay the fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">