• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this technicality valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

duques

I was sent 3 tickets by certified mail a couple of days after being pulled over for "careless driving" and "improper passing" as well as some third unreadable offense. As I was on my way to the airport the cop must have felt he was "doing me a favor" by letting me go which is why the tickets in the mail was a big surprise. I noticed, however, that the information he wrote on the ticket was incorrect, specifically he listed my height as 5'10" on two of the tickets and 5'8" on the other when my height on my license is 6'. My eyes are Hazel, not Brown as was listed on all three tickets. Also, one of the tickets had the wrong city for my address. Can I fight these tickets with this information alone? Please help, I go to court on wednesday...

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

It won't get you anywhere, but you can still argue and fight with the judge, at about 80 decibels. Make sure you flail your arms and stomp your feet, too. That always gets the court's attention - - and the Bailiff's.

duques : Your Honor, I'm 6'0" tall, and I don't have brown eyes; they're hazel, see? So it couldn't have been me that the cop stopped !

Judge: You're right, they are hazel. I can see that little bit of green in your eyes! Wow, that's remarkable ! I don't see how the cop missed that ! Is that your vehicle on the ticket ? Is that your license number on the ticket ?

duques : Well, yes they are, your Honor, but . . .

Judge : Okay, then. Unless you have an "evil twin" brother, then "tag, you're it". $500.00 fine or 10 days in jail. Make your choice.

duques : Damn, I thought those guys at FreeAdvice.Com said I could fight this ticket on those grounds . . . I'll pay the fine.

Judge : What ? Who ?

duques : You know, your Honor . . . HomeGuru and IAAL at FreeAdvice.Com. They are two of the finest legal minds and experts at FreeAdvice.Com, and they said I might have a chance to fight this on those grounds and . . .

Judge : Home who ? And IAAL what ? You know what, Mr. duques, just go over there and see the Clerk with your checkbook. Next case . . .

IAAL

Last edited:
R

robertkillen

Get in touch with the National Motorist's Association. They have some very good strategies for fighting traffic tickets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">