• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tempoary restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skye22

hi, i posted under my friends address terry summers on the other thread, please reply to this thread at [email protected]

thanks

existing living trust
Aproximately four months ago I received a phone call from my father( throughout my life my father has not been a source of instability and though I love him because he is my father I have learned to not rely upon his false promises and I know that he is emotionaly abusive with his judgemental criticisms. According to him if you are not making a lot of money you aren't anything. I had not spoken with him on any regular basis for years because of our conflicting values and his emotionally damaging mind games. On September 13th 2000 the house I was renting was burnded down to the ground due to a fire (the man who started the fire admitted he started the fire by cutting a rebar pipe while working on his home)The house burned to the ground. I called my father the evening of the fire and he said he was watching the fire on the news as we spoke. "call me back in 20 minutes I may be able to help you," When I called back he said,"great news! The Red Cross is setting up tents in the local high svhool gym! Go there, they will take good care of you! And call me when you get situated!" I did not ask for anything from him and did not hear from him untill months later when he called me and said he was coming over(I was renting another home) to drop off some used clothing his high school friend from Beverly Hills High had. I thought, how odd. He came in his mercedes with his Beverly HIlls friends, looked embarrassed over my living conditions,and stayed about 15 minutes. This otherwise trivial backround information would be pointless except that it is an illustation and clear example of our strange disfunctional relationship.
After this incident I was surprised to receive a phone call from my father asking me to pick up my brother from his house in Moreno Valley. I had not seen my brother in over two years and had spoken with him briefly around the time of the fire. He told me that our father promised to teach him the real estate business so that he could," move to the higher level." My brother was living in half the house because my father had told him, "just do what I tell you and you'll be rich like me through realestate."So my brother quit his job and he and his girlfriend trusted my father, moved into his house and did whatever he said to do. had been bouncincing through hoops painting his house in Pasadena, doing his gardening work,enrollining in classes at the local jr. college and basically doing everthing he said to do. He told my father the conditions that the man was living in (rats in the house, human feces, trash) my father said,"don't worry about it I'll handle it." When I received the call my father said the social workers were on his case (years ago he made a business deal with a man who was not reasonably competant to care for himself and it went something like this," If we trade houses I'll take care of you for the rest of your life.") Now the problem was that," taking care of him," simply meant switching houses (this is how he obtained the house he is living in now in Pasadena in exchange for half ownership of a moreno valley house) and droping off groceries. The inhumane conditions this man was living in was noticed by the police who called the ambulance and had the man hospitalized. The officers in turn notified social services. My father said he needed me to pick up my brother for three days. I said no so he put his girlfrind on the phone and she played upon my emotions and said if you love your brother you pick him up.(She had never spoken that many words to me in the many years she has been my fathers,"secretary", she ignored us completely and she called him," boss" for years) Later he said he needed more time so that he could clean up the house before the social workers got there so that, "we" would not loose any eqiuty in the house. When I got there with my boyfriend (as witness since I've known my father my entire life) I said," he (my brother) can come back, right?" "He can always come back here to live, he said" He lied. Three days turned into three weeks which turned into three months. During this time my father was extremely difficult to be reached he turned off his cell phone and let the answering machine pick up all calls. And when we did finally reach him he would say meet him at the mall or drive to his house in Pasadena. He then said he would compensate me for taking care of my brother and that he would give my brother money for food and gas. My brother was homeless and had no where else to live. My father told me that my brother needed to live with me. He said he was imballanced and needed to be evaluated. My father told us to go over to his house every two weeks to get compensated.He would not be there when he said he would be and when he showed up he would have us follow him to the park where his girlfriend took a calculator and added up receipts they had us supply them with to prove gas and food expenses. I had to sign paperwork before any check was written. He said he would compensate me for my brother living with us and asked how much we wanted for rent. We asked for two hundred a month, my father and his girlfriend said thats very fair. My fathers girlfriend handed me a list of expenses she said they paid for my brother. She would not let me nor my brother see the list or even have a copy of what she claimed they had paid for. The girl friend said to us,"why you know your father at all? I not know my father, I don't talk to him " She does the book keeping.
Now the compensation for invading my privacy and helping out my father and brother lasted for three rent payments. I believe was having a mental breakdown for some time.
There are additional issues here pertaining to my grandmother( my fathers mother who had a stroke so he jumped in and became executor to her trust. There is a living trust which we, my two brothers and myself, are in and that we have been told about our entire lives. My brother said that checks were written with the trust fund name on them. They keep my grandmother in the bedroom alll the time and refuse to let her have any visitors ever. This includes her husband, her brother, her granchildren, her daughter in law or anyone. Her own brother told me, "if your grandmother were a poor woman she would be on the street. And he said my father gained controll of at least half a million when he became executor.When I picked up my brother My granmother was there and it had been years since I saw her. My father forbade us knowing his side of the family when my parents divorced. He said he didn't want us after his familys money. He however bought his first properties with my mothers parents money. lived with them for free, had a mistreee he supported, and never paid them back. Years later I asked my father if I could visit my grandmother he said,"you better get your career together before you see her." The first words out of my grandmothers mouth at moreno valley when I went to pick up my brother were," where have you been all these years." It was sad. She said to me that she wanted to go with me in that red car, ppointing to my car. She said she wanted me to take her to church and that, "you don't know these people," refering to my father and his girlfriend who at the time were frantically painting and moving things from the house.
This letter is being written because my brother and I came to the decision that my father is manipulating and that his many stipulations and mental torment are not fair nor are they worth the money he decided that he would give us for the predictiment he caused.
He will not disclose any information regarding the living trust my great grandmother set up. When I said we have a legal right to know what is going on and that we have a right to see our grandmother his girlfriend said go ahead and sue us.
On August third 2001 he had the nerve to hire police officers to come to where I live and leave a temporary restaining order. In it he lied and falsely accused me and my brother of,(he checked the boxes marked, "assaulted or attempted to assault...caused, threatened, or attempted bodily injury...made me or another member of my household afraid of physical or emotional harm.")

It is a nightmare and I am going to court on the 16th to, "give any legal reason why the orders requested in the attatched application should not be granted.I want to tell the court the truth, in detail. What legally should I do ?My father and his accountant girlfriend are paranoid because they know the treatment towards my grandmother, the man in moreno valley, my brother, and myself is wrong. But there primary concern I believe is to safeguard the money. I need to clear my record since I did nothing wrong and for helping out my father and inquiring as to whats really going on I get a restraining order?

I will be going to Pasadena Unified Courts 300 East Walnut room 102 at 8:30 am on the 16th of August. Is there a lawyer who can represent me ?

[email protected]

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">