• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timely Review of Intradistrict Transfer Requests in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lisa Lanning

November 2000 two intradistrict transfer requests were filed asking to have my sons moved to an adjoining district. June 29, 2001 the adjoining district denied the transfer request but did not notice us until July 19, 2001. July 25th an appeal of this denial was filed. Today, August 13, 2001, I was notified that the "adjoining district" would not hear the appeal until August 28, 2001.
As per administrative Law the County of Marin (*California juridiction) can not hear the case until the adjoining local district makes a final determination.
A County of Marin District Appeal was filed formally on July 25th, the same day I filed the local adjoining districts appeal.

Of note - the arguement for transfer out of the County of Residence may have its own independent legal grounds.
The County of residence no longer supports standard public school education but offers two ALTERNATIVE programs, a k-6 "OPEN CLASSROOM" educational philosophy and a K-5 PUBLIC MONTESSORI. The traditional educational platform was closed in June of 2001 citing declining enrollment.

I need legal counsel. I will be appearing on my own behalf tomorrow before the County Board but am told they will be postponing their hearing of the matter until September 5, 2001.

Also of note, both the August 28 and September 5 hearing dates are after the scheduled beginning of the local school year.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">