• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are these two question breaking the law, if so what law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Helpme101

I'm hoping you can tell me if either of the below is breaking the law or not?

Say a person knew about 1 table and 4 chairs that was said it would come with a product no price was ever discussed other then it would come with it. Then this person finds out later they were charged $9500.00 for this furniture that this price was added into the amount of this product without this persons knowledge. Is this breaking the law? If so what Law?

What if this same salesperson causes this person to endure additional cost that they would not have otherwise endured by stating a product comes only electric. Then this person finds out later this product come either gas or electric? This person was already set up for gas(propane) but had to change everything over to electric because they were told thats the only way it came when it didn't. Is this breaking the law? If so what Law?

Thank you

H

Helpme101

To HomeGuro

These are facts this happened to me and I need to know if this person broke the law.

HomeGuru

Helpme101 said:
I'm hoping you can tell me if either of the below is breaking the law or not?

Say a person knew about 1 table and 4 chairs that was said it would come with a product no price was ever discussed other then it would come with it. Then this person finds out later they were charged $9500.00 for this furniture that this price was added into the amount of this product without this persons knowledge. Is this breaking the law? If so what Law?

What if this same salesperson causes this person to endure additional cost that they would not have otherwise endured by stating a product comes only electric. Then this person finds out later this product come either gas or electric? This person was already set up for gas(propane) but had to change everything over to electric because they were told thats the only way it came when it didn't. Is this breaking the law? If so what Law?

Thank you
My response: read your post again and tell me it's not confusing. Say this, what if...product comes with it but no price....furniture......product comes gas or electric..What the heck are you talking about??????????????

H

Helpme101

Homeguru

This is regarding a new doublewide mobilehome. When we looked at floorplans of homes. We made a referenced that this table and chairs looked good in the kitchen. We were told they would come with this house. We later found out (almost a yr later ) that the retailer turned around and charged us $9500.00 for this table and 4 chairs that came in this house when it was delivered.

This same retailer knew we had propane hookup when we were looking at floorplans. He told us this mobilehome only came total electric. We found out later(almost a yr later ) that this home we bought came either way electric or gas (propane hookup). This cost us $2300.00 to convert everything over for total electric where it would not have cost us anything if he was honest and told us it came also as gas hook up.

If your next question is what State I live in. I live in Texas.

Homeguru I came here for help. I don't know what else you want me to tell you.. To find the answers i'm seeing if this person broke the law. If so what law so I will know where to turn to next?

LegalBeagle

HomeGuru was unable to help since your original post was unintelligible. When you returned with actual facts, it made more sense. Either way, this post has nothing to do with Education Law and should be posted on the Real Estate Board.

To pre-empt HomeGuru question when you post there.. do you have any of this in writing? (please state this on your new post)

Thanks!

HomeGuru

Clarification to Leagle Beagle post.
If the 2wide is not real estate then do not post on the Real Estate board.
If you got a bill of sale rather than a deed, then you bought personal property and not real estate.

H

Helpme101

I'm sorry I didn't know which category to post my questions too.
I thought the Education Law section could help me.

I found the answers I needed to know. The 1st question falls under fraud then both questions falls under deceptive trade practices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">