• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

b/f in jail for dwi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shamarion

My b/f was taken to jail for dwi last night......HELP! What can I do

S

Shamarion

What a lovely response. Have a nice life.

Can anyone help me? I need help quick. Do I need to get him a lawyer?

JETX

Bake him a cake. Make it about 3 inches wide and about 15" long and put a big file in it. Write on the top in real fancy letters, "Raspy" birthday. He might get a hint.

Or you can send him 47 cases of dental floss. I have heard of cases where prisoners were able to use the floss to cut through the bars and then make a rope to escape... or was that in the movies???

Seriously, first things first... wait until he is arraigned and see what the bail is. Then, either take the bail money yourself, or get hold of a bondsman and get the bail posted. Then, after finding out what the facts are... get an attorney or plead guilty.

S

Shamarion

Thank you....he gets arreigned in the morning. Do you know what kind of penalty a first offense dwi carries?

S

Shamarion

May god have pity on your soul for being a mean spirited person. GOD BLESS!

We live in Dallas, Texas

S

Shamarion

You?....a lawyer? I feel sorry for your clients. I came to this forum for assistance and all I have received from you is harrassment. I hope you take great pride in disrespecting others. GOD BLESS!

S

Shamarion

No Halket, those response were for LIABLE. He started harrassing me after my first post. Don't be mad at him. I forgive him, God forgives him and I'll pray for his soul.

For clarification, this happened in Texas. My b/f's bail was set at $500 this morning. The bondsman has paid it but he's still in jail. I don't know what is taking so long. I keep calling and they keep telling me he his being processed out.

What kind of sentence is he looking at? This is the first time he has gotten a dwi. We need to get a lawyer. How do we know if we are hiring a good lawyer? Any help or advice will be appreciated. GOD BLESS!

JETX

Okay guys, I don't have any idea what is going on here, but SOMEONE posted some replies to this thread that apparently prompted a derogatory response by the original poster. Then, they apparently deleted those responses so that it looked like the derogatory response might have been directed at me. When, I commented that the 'coward' had apparently removed the responses, I am now blasted because it was apparently IAAL who made the comments.

Now, I am being made the 'bad guy'. I had absolutely NO idea who the person was and no way to go back and find out. I will point out though that I had no idea that it could even be IAAL, since I have never seen him back down or rescind in the past.

I am currently out of town with a relative who may not make it through the weekend (currently in ICU) and it really isn't fun on here anymore.

See ya' later...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Steve, if you had read the PM I wrote to you, about an hour after you wrote your "remark", then you would have known.

But, since you had not apparently read, or as I thought, ignored, my emergency message to you, THIS happened.

All she wrote in her original post was the following :

Shamarion

b/f in jail for dwi

08-17-2001 11:12 AM

I took my posts down because she was getting beligerant - - even though I had given her an answer - - after she had finally decided to follow the directions in RED. Then, I gave her the specific answer, and she STILL persisted with her ungrateful responses.

So, I took everything down, and said to myself, "Let her sink or swim on her own".

Then, you chimed in with the "remark" and that's when all hell broke loose.

IAAL

Last edited:
S

Shamarion

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Steve, if you had read the PM I wrote to you, about an hour after you wrote your "remark", then you would have known.

But, since you had not apparently read, or as I thought, ignored, my emergency message to you, THIS happened.

All she wrote in her original post was the following :

Shamarion

b/f in jail for dwi

08-17-2001 11:12 AM

I took my posts down because she was getting beligerant - - even though I had given her an answer - - after she had finally decided to follow the directions in RED. Then, I gave her the specific answer, and she STILL persisted with her ungrateful responses.

So, I took everything down, and said to myself, "Let her sink or swim on her own".

Then, you chimed in with the "remark" and that's when all hell broke loose.

IAAL
Dear Mr Liable,

You are nothing but a liar. You never offered any assistance, gave any answers, only grief. I can no longer in good faith pray for your soul. Your clients will be in my prayers every night, they need them more than you. I feel sorry for any person that finds themself in the need of a lawyer and ends up with you. You are a mean spirited person that viciously attacks people in their time of need. Any lawyer with your attitude should be disbarred.

B

bini

Since this is his 1st D.U.I. your b/f is probably looking at 2-5 days in jail or work release, some form of treatment (AA meetings and probably a class on the sins of drunk driving), of course his license will be restricted and/or suspended for a time. He will have to pay for an alcohol evaluation, and of course all fines. He might have to do some community service. He will also probably be put on parole for a year, or until all of his stipulations are met (whichever is longer).

I am not from Texas so these are just guesses, but in Kansas this is usually what happens on your 1st D.U.I.

Hopefully your b/f will take this as a big lesson learned and will not get a 2nd.

Oh yea, tell him to get ready for his insurance rates to SKYROCKET!!! That is of course if his insurance isn't cancelled.

Best of luck to you and yours

Bini!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">