• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicaid's part / nursing home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flipper

State of georgia; 14 months ago, my father had to make arrangements to have grandmother put into nursing home. I know that he had her social security check applied to that. He was living in her home, and he has now past away. The home is in my grandmothers name and my deceaced grandfathers name. My grandmother, appointed me executer of her will and also wants me to now have the house. There was 2,000 dollars owed on the house which I paid off, and I am waiting for the tittle to come back, which will be in my grandparents names. So, I wish to have the house transfered into my name. I haven't heard anything from medicaid about having an intrest in the house, from my grandmother being in a state nursing home. 1) Can medicaid cause me problems with transferring the house into my name? 2) If I successfully get the tittle to the home in my name, will I be able to by-pass probate court as far as any interest of the house is concernd? THANKS !!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">