• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mislead by attorneys?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JaLee715

during the last year my father had terminal cancer passing in nov 2000. I am his only child & he left a trust with me in charge of everything, including a ton of debts. I have been guided thru the whole ordeal & spent many$$ on attorneys finally filing my dad on Medicaid , thinking I was doing right by attorney instructions.
I just got a certified letter being sued by the state of indiana for "conversion" which I was told is a Felony!!!!!!! How & what did I do to do this!! No one in the courts will tell me & my attny is on vacation! HELP!
& Thanks.

A

advisor10

AUG. 22, 2001

DEAR JALEE:

So sorry that you seem to be a responsible person who has tried to do the right thing and now this crap happens!

Look in the local yellow pages and try to find a lawyer referral service and get a referral from them, preferably with an attorney who has experience with Medicaid cases. If you or the trust can afford to, you really do need to consider getting another attorney.

Does the trust have enough income in it to be able to pay the outstanding debts?

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">