• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dodge dealer woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rebeccam

i purchased a car and have had it in several times for repair which were all covered under factory warranty but the latest is having the engine replaced. While it is covered as well, I would like to see if it is possible to get 30,000 mile service money returned. That service was done 3 weeks before engine went bad. Factory warranty does not cover that part but I feel dealer should refund those monies to me. Am I way off base here? Sitting here in GA mad at all that money wasted and nothing to show for it. help!

TCB4U2B2B

Hello Rebeccam

Based upon the information you posted, a request by you for a refund of the 30,000 mile service charge would be way off base.

Factory warranties do not require refunds for prior services completed by the dealers.

The view point is the service was performed in good faith while the vehicle was in good mechanical condition.

The current mechanical problem could not have been forseen at the time of the service by the dealers service tech.

If the dealer makes good on the contact by correcting whatever engine condition is needed, then the terms defined in the service contract have all been completed.

R

rebeccam

To tcb4u2b2b

thanks for that "dose of reality". i thought that is what the replies would be but guess hopeing against the odds. when you put it like you did, it does make sense that they were doing service in good faith. just trying to see if there was an open avenue. hated to think i spent close to 650 for three weeks worth of driving. i guess i should be grateful that it was still under warranty when it blew and that we were not on the road in nebraska somewhere. thanks for words of wisdom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">