• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving with Suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sayerbj

I am currently serving a 6month suspension due to having 3 speeding violations in 18 months (NY). I currently can get a ride to work, but I plan on moving to NJ because of a job opportunity, living by myself, and will likely need the ability to drive. Is there any way to obtain a NJ drivers license despite my current suspension in NY?

Can I simply apply for a new license, take the written test, and take a road test as if I have never driven or had license anywhere? How would NJ even know about my previous license/suspension if I don't tell them?

Thanks

to all the critics - Last speeding violation was for 7mph over, and 2 days short of the 18month limit. Each of the others were 10-12 over on a major highway, so I don't want to hear anything about being an unsafe driver, and deserving of my punishment. I want advice on my situation, not commentary on my intelligence or personality.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">