• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Golf Cart Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dwoody

this weekend i was pulled over in the state of missouri for driving a golf cart on a public street and was issued a ticket for "no state vehicle license". i didn't think i was required to display a license on the cart, but didn't want to argue with the officer. however, i asked him how lawn movers, farm equipment and even those little motorized stand up scooters are allowed to travel on public streets without a license. he did not have an answer and asked me if i wanted to go to jail, with that i stopped asking questions and signed the ticket. i have a court date next month. am i guilty? i've been to the missouri state statutes, but cannot find a law/statute that addresses this. if i am required to license the golf cart, how do i go about it? thanks for the help.

L

lawrat

The easiest way is to contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles and talk to a supervisor. Have him/her give you a written statement.

D

dwoody

lawrat,
i started at the missouri dmv. i didn't speak to a supervisor, but the person i talked to said that they were not sure but thought i would be required to have a license. they were unable to give me a statute to refer to and were not sure how to go about licensing the golf cart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">