• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sammy7997

hi, advice is greatly appreciated

my brother took without my consent, no one is injured, btu he hitted someone else's passanger side, and 1)he's underage (14) 2) he stole before 3) he was at fault--he hit someone else's car 3) he has good standardized test score, but poor school grade because he cuts too much. 4) he received a citiation. Do we need a lawyer?? Will it make a differnece. 5)what's the worst that could happen to him, or to my parents, and to me. 6) am i liable???

Q

qadaq

Ok, from the top. Do you have insurance? Did you report the car stolen? If you reported the car stolen before the accident, YOU'RE probably ok. HE'S facing grand theft auto charges, although if you don't testify he may not get prosecuted.

If you didn't report it stolen you're possibly liable since you're the owner of the car.

If your insurance has covered the other car and nobody was hurt you're probably fine.

If you don't have insurance get with the other driver NOW and get this taken care of. You don't want him suing you. For that matter, you might do this anyway if you don't want your rates going up.

If all that's happening is a ticket, you probably ought to just pay the thing and be done with it. They can't tack it onto his license because I'm assuming he doesn't have one. I don't think they can tack it onto your license because you weren't driving.

Check my signature line. I'm NOT a lawyer. This is just how it looks to me given the information you've provided.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">