• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CApimp

Ok, I have a question about two speeding tickets I have recently gotten.

1) I was pulled over, and given a ticket for "Neglegent Driving" because I made a U-Turn, and it had been raining, and I lost traction momentarily. Could I fight this?

2) I was pulled over by a motorcycle cop, who was sitting in a residential driveway. A friend told me that he can't be there, unless he has permission by the owners of the property, so I went to the house, and sure enough, he didn't. Is this true, and if so, how can I fight this ticket

Any response will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

racer72

You do not give any valid reasons for the citations to be dismissed.
1. In wet weather, you are expected to reduce your speed and operate your car in a legal manner. If that means driving well below the speed limit, so be it.
2. The first 6 to 12 feet of driveway from the edge of the road is considered part of the public right of way and the officer does not require permission to park there as long as he does not block access to the driveway. Also, the officer does not have to ask for permission, if the home owner does not want the officer there, they must ask them to move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">