• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High School Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rgirl

RE: My 17-yo ADHD son.

FYI: He is not under any type of medication, by choice ---his and ours.

He is attending the 10th grade for the 3rd year, and we, as parents, have been "encouraged" to allow our son, to continuing having the same teacher year after year. Needless to say, the two of them get on each others nerves. Despite our wishes that our son be given a different teacher, since we feel that this Coach/Teacher, picks at him and tries to provoke him. We have been told, that "THIS Coach/Teacher" is the ONLY teacher that can deal with our son. My 17-yo son, is far from the model student, however, in the right enviroment, he can certainly be educated.

This Coach/Teacher has on occasion made statements to my son, "You are p........ me off", and tried to provoke him, for example, to throw a desk out of a window. To an ADHD child, the right suggestion, at a high adreneline moment, can cause them to do just about anything. (By the way, he didn't throw the desk) I question an education systems that allows a student, any student...expecially a Disabled Special Ed Student, to be provoked in this manner.

MY QUESTION: My husband and I would like to have some kind of Legal restraining order or injunction against this Coach/Teacher, so that he is not allowed to have ANY contact with our son. I believe that man tries to intimdate my son, by watching his every move, and using it against him when he can. We think that our son can be educated without the help of THIS teacher. Do we as parents have any legal action that we can take against the school, or teacher. He is 3 credit away from becoming a Junior, and our son is willing to go to summer school, to graduate.

FYI: In the past 3 years, my son as also been deny the right to attend summer, because THIS teacher, doesn't assist in the summer school program? Anything we can do about that?

D

dorenephilpot

Sounds like you have some good issues for a due process hearing with your state's board of education.

In fact, your scenario sounds like a law school exam on the issue....

What state are you from?

You might check out the Websites reedmartin.com and mayerslaw.com to see how bad your son's rights are being trampled on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">