• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20 years younger than he- $$ concerns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daphne

I would like to know what I need to ensure that I will be financially "OK" later in life. My fiance is 20 years older than me, three grown childern and fairly well established. Because, statistically I will live longer than he, what trusts, wills, or insurance should we establish to make certain that I will not be financially burdened years from now?(I have heard of a Qtip trust)What are some other points to consider in this situation? Thank you. Atlanta, Georgia

L

loku

What you are asking is what should your estate plan be. Estate planning is a technical area of the law. To plan an estate, a trained professional must look at all the assets, liabilities, earning power of the parties involved, and try to work out a plan that satisfies the desires of all the parties.

Internet bulletin boards and summaries of law, can answer specific questions, but something as complex as an estate plan must be tailored to the situation and requires years of training to master.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">