• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 duis in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tongygirl

I have learned that the father of my child has had 3 duis in California. Somehow his attorney got him off on his 3rd by a technicality of dates. Something about one DUI from one court not being processed or something. I am concerned that he has an alcohol problem. Wondering how long this DUI info will remain on record as proof of his alcoholism to protect my daughter from any physical custody. I love her so much and want him to be part of her life but don't want her to grow up with the alcoholism. Do I need to get a restraining order to keep in on record? Someone told me they only stay on for 7 years.

L

lawrat

unless he gets an expungement, it will stay on his record for quite a while. A good background check could always find this information. If you are concerned, begin the process now to get full custody and no visitation due to child endangerment. The child endangerment here is driving drunk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">