• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speedy in cali... how should i handle this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vdo

alright i got busted...

cop pulled me over at 3am and gave me a speeding ticket for 95 in a 65 zone, and the pig gave me a unsafe lane change too...

he told me he paced me for 1/4 mile and saw me past cars...

given the situation, 3am, dark no lights and somehow a bunch of cars on teh freeway at that time, how should i handle this? is pacing easier to fight off than radar??? what should be my plan of defense??? thanks............

HomeGuru

The three littile piggies are on your side. Go to Court and tell the judge that the witness is a pig, the judge is a hog and you're in a Kangaroo court.

Last edited:

JETX

Here is the best 'defense' advice you will ever get.. and definitely worth the price!!

You can pay the ticket since you have admitted your guilt, or
"NEVER, EVER BEND OVER TO GET THE SOAP IN THE SHOWER!!"

Geez.. what a dweeb.... speeding 95 in a 65, weaving in and out of traffic.... and he calls the police "pig". What an oinker!
:p

racer72

Considering I am on the road at 3 am every morning on my way to work, I'm glad I don't live in California.

D

DRUSS1964

sometimes the best defense is an offense plead guilty pay your fine and be glad you were not arested for reckless driving

vdo

i guess none of u understood the basic point of that question...

course I didnt do 95.... the cop which i stated as PIG due to his hard up attitude, i dont want to go about explaining how he was an ass, but point is there no point of verbal dispute w/ a cop on the road THEREFORE if there are any intelligent people out there... please answer the question,

what is the plan of defense, 85 woudl have probably be the max as i was passing this truck which was going slower .. and pacing? i dont think so since i did not notice any car behind me....

JETX

vdo said:
what is the plan of defense, 85 woudl have probably be the max as i was passing this truck which was going slower .. and pacing? i dont think so since i did not notice any car behind me....
Okay, here is a new 'plan'.... go before the judge and tell him just what you said here... "Hey, Man, it was 3 in the morning, I was weaving in and out of traffic, a big truck was in front of me, and I accelerated to pass him and that PIG, yeah, that one right there (Be sure to point at him and snarl), man, like he pulled me over. And he wrote me up for 95 MPH, man. Like, I really don't feel I was going over.... say, like 85 MPH!"
Maybe the judge will be real lenient and cut you 10 MPH slack!

wtd

Finally! After our oppressed writer was forced to post twice, someone (thank you, Halket) was actually able to 'get it' and provide the lad a good solid plan of defense.
(Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to use it.)

:)
wtd

HomeGuru

Thank you Halket.

To the writer: 20+ miles over the speed limit is not too bad, and the judge will most likely appreciate the snarl.
Oink, oink.

JETX

vdo said:
i dont think so since i did not notice any car behind me....
Oh, and don't forget to tell the judge.... "Hey, like Judgeman! It also isn't fair what these PIGS (again, look and snarl!!) are doing, man!! Like, they have these STEALTH police cars, and they, like, sneak up on somebody without them, like,.. seeing, Man. And then they 'pace' you. Man, it truly, truly hurts to be pasted, man! Mr. Judge, you otta' outlaw these stealth police cars!"

D

DEW

pacing is legal and most officers that are trained to use radar have to first be certified on visual estimations of speed, so he could write you simply for his visual estimate.

you did the crime, now do the time

Q

qadaq

You've admitted to 20 over to US. If any members of the CHP are reading and can figure out who you are, you're busted. I don't think so. Admittedly, it doesn't look good. If you were changing lanes and going in and out of traffic it's possible you could argue that he couldn't clock you. HOWEVER, he could still probably go for reckless driving, since I don't think he has to guage your speed for that. (My dad used to be a cop and ran into this.) The judge may still trust his judgement though. As for his saying you were doing 30 over instead of 20 or less, you might see if he has an in-car cam. I would think he has to produce it if you ask. Also, this will display his oinkosity. This is expensive, but what you could do is take it to court. Ok first time you have to convince a judge. If you don't get satisfaction appeal. Now there's a jury of motorists involved. Show Porky's demeanor to them and maybe you have a shot. Note: depending on what's on tape this may back-fire if you were being pretty "aggressive" in your driving. Again, I'm not a lawyer, but that's what I'd try for. It might help when the main witness for the prosecution is shown to be a liar. As for not seeing the cop pacing you, I hardly ever see them behind me until they're coming up one of my two tailpipes. (Dual Exhausts)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">