• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in NY - live in IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

himanshu8

Hello,

I live here in Chicago, IL and was going with family to Niagra Falls, NY, and got this speeding ticket for 82 in 65 highway zone in NY.

The last speeding ticket I had was 4 yrs back, and have just gotten out of paying the insurance company increased premiums only last year, which came out to be over $1000 in total !

My question is would it be worth to go thru a lawyer and fight it, as going there again to the court is at least 10 hr drive for me, or would it be better to plead guilty and just pay it up ?

What is the possibility that my insurance company (Progressive) will find out about this violation during next renewal ? If they do may be it would come out to be cheaper if I just hired a lawer.

Can I write a letter to the prosecutor explaining my record, and ask for a reduced violation with no points or something like that, does that work?

Any advice in this matter I will really appreciate...
Thanks
-himanshu

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">