• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misrepresented Odometer Mileage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EddyM

I am a small business owner. I purchased a used heavy-duty truck from a company in Canton Ohio.

On the way home the truck broke down. I spent hundreds just to get it home and over $5,000 since getting it home.

One of the main reasons I purchased this particular truck was the low mileage. The company who sold it to me told me it was low mileage with only 58,000 actual miles and was only used as a back-up.

It is a 1987, so that would be low mileage for a truck that old.

On the way home, I noticed the odometer only registered 4/10 of a mile for every mile marker I passed.

After I got home, I found a sticker on the firewall of the truck that said, "this truck has a replacement odometer".

Now they advertised 58,000 actual miles. The Title says 58,xxx and the odometer status box says "Actual Miles".

Obviously this is not the case since the REPLACEMENT odometer has 58,xxx miles and is not calibrated properly. Who know how many miles the first odometer had on it?

What are my rights? Can I force them to refund my money since the truck was sold as low mileage actual miles and the title stated actual miles and that is not the case?

If I am forced to hire an attorney to handle a case like this, what could I expect to spend? Can I force the other company to pay legal fees in addition to refunding what I have spent on the truck?

Thanks

Eddy

L

lawrat

The cost of your attorney depends on the complexity of your case and the level of experience he has.Contact your state for average rates and then contact www.attorneypages.com

Since this was blatant fraud, expect that your attorney should ask for all reasonable fees, including attorneys fees to be paid by the defendant. there is a high likelihood the judge will order defendant to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">