• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly accuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dustman35

I got pull over recently by California Partrol, they accuse me of racing with a mustang... after I question them why wan't the mustang was pull over as well...(2 CHP vehicle pull me over)
then they could ask the diver of the mustang who was racing with him...because at no time in 4 miles I pass the speed limits.(4 miles they claims they saw my vehicle speeding)... after all my questions the officer who gave the ticket to sign, reply I didn't said you were racing!... I want to know if I can obtain the on dash camera of the 2 CHP vehicles and their disbatch call then I
could use it as edvidence in court? :mad:

wtd

I want to know if I can obtain the on dash camera ...
I doubt that this is possible. They may however, provide you with a copy of the video tape from that camera, if there was such a camera in the police car.

Last edited:

racer72

Unless you are charged with a felony, the video tape cannot be admitted as evidence or used for your defense. It is strictly going to be your word against the officers. Good luck.

Q

qadaq

I'd verify that. Racer72's in Washington and you're in CA. If they can write you a ticket based on a camera on a traffic light, why can't you defend yourself with a tape from an in car camera?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">