• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

convicted of minor violation while on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mojo_5674

In the state of Virginia, I plead guilty to a minor traffic violation while on probation. My license will soon be suspended. Two days past the conviction I discovered that I could have continued the case which would have given me enough time to get out of the probationary period. Is anyone aware of any steps I can take to appeal, or any other ideas?

JETX

"Is anyone aware of any steps I can take to appeal, or any other ideas?"

1) It would be VERY hard (if not impossible) to appeal a voluntary plea of guilty.

2) 'Other ideas?'. Next time, hire an attorney who can best determine ALL of the available options.

Q

qadaq

"My license will soon be suspended" I assume that the conviction hasn't been entered yet. All I can think of, and I shudder to think of somebody trying this, is to basically throw yourself on the mercy of the court. Talk to the prosecutor. Tell him what's going on, and ask him if there's any way possible the conviction could be entered after you're off probation. I'm really dubious of your chances, but it doesn't look like you have much to lose. If nothing else, after your probabion's over, can you get your license back? You might send up a prayer or two. (or if you're not a Christian, ask somebody who is) You may need it.

JETX

Qadaq, where the hell did you come from??? You seem to have recently been in a flurry of posting activity and most of your posts seem to be just some kind of 'feel good' response.....
without ANY substantial benefit. Are you just trying to increase your post ratio??

Q

qadaq

My original post was "motorized bicycle catch-22". I looked at the other posts and found the site interesting. The name of the site is "freeadvice.com" not "freelegaladvice.com". I am trying to give possible ideas as to how to proceed. I would leave it to the lawyers on this site but often, my post being a good example, they've been condescending and not given any useful information.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

qadaq said:
My original post was "motorized bicycle catch-22". I looked at the other posts and found the site interesting. The name of the site is "freeadvice.com" not "freelegaladvice.com". I am trying to give possible ideas as to how to proceed. I would leave it to the lawyers on this site but often, my post being a good example, they've been condescending and not given any useful information.
My response:

That's because your posts are absolute garbage.

Take your response to our writer as an example, above. You want him to, perhaps, talk to the prosecutor. There was NO prosecutor in our writer's case - - that's because at the preliminary hearing in front of the judge, and on his own, and with the judge holding a copy of the ticket, our writer pleaded guilty.

Do you really think that the prosecutor is going to look at our writer's situation when it's now over ? The prosecutor has real cases, and current cases, to worry about and try. Once our writer pleaded guilty, his case became "old news" - - and there's nothing anyone can, or will, do about it.

Halket's response was right on the mark. Yours, however, was out in space.

IAAL

Q

qadaq

This coming from someone who didn't even understand my original question.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

qadaq said:
This coming from someone who didn't even understand my original question.
My response:

Oh, I understood your original question in your "Debut" post on these boards. I understand that your post could have been answered in a myriad of ways because your question was poorly worded. I also understood that you're an idiot.

But, I'm not going to rehash old news.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">