• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One-armed driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tvcutter

Just wondering. I live in Los Angeles. I recently had shoulder surgery and can only drive with my left arm for the next six weeks. It's no big deal since I drive an automatic, but a friend told me it may be technically illegal. I can't find any info on the net about it. Anyone here know if I'm in danger of getting a ticket?

Mark

racer72

A good friend of mine has only one arm (lost his right arm in an industrial accident) and he drives just fine. In fact, he has driven figure 8 race cars at local tracks for years and is a many time champion. There should be no problem on your part.

T

tvcutter

Yeah, that's what I figured. But I gotta admit when I first saw controls for the radio on steering wheels, I thought "what an absurd invention." God I wish I had them now!!

Thanks Racer

Q

qadaq

I thought I saw somewhere in the Colorado Revised Statutes or maybe a driving manual (I must have been really bored.) that a person with one arm is required to have a ball installed on the steering wheel. Given that your condition is temporary I suspect you're ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">