• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mileage misrepresentation!! I did not accept delivery. Now he says..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gloria D

I was conned into a purchace to buy a low mileage 1972 chevy blazer (47 k) original miles. a bill of sale was exchanged w/ as is clause. I did not mind as long as the vehicle was as he said it was.
I drove clear across country to pennsylvania to pick it up. when I saw it there was no doubt it was at least 147,000 miles , later recearch through penn dot records confirm my suspicions.and not to mention obvious other dammage he did not truthfully describe the blazer. I refused delivery, he claims it was as is. There is a lawsuit filed,he was informed that he was responsible for the safe keeping of the vehicle till this was settled. Now it is 2 years later and he now says that there has been dammage to the truck since it has been sitting outside for the last 2 years.He has probably been picking parts off it too. I am representing myself "Pro si" Is there some way to bring sanctions against him for failure to safekeep or even destruction of evidence??
I am dealing w/ a crook and am determined to bring him to justice!! I need your help! Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Go to the law library and check for statutes, case law, and treatises (as current as you can possibly find) on the subject of "Spoliation of Evidence". If it is allowed as a Cause of Action, you'll need to amend your complaint to add that as a Cause of Action.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">