• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drag racing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robin0402

Maryland
My seventeen year old son got two tickets yesterday. One for drag racing (aren't they wonderful at this age) and the other for speed greater than reasonable. 6 points.
My question. I am a single mother and really can't afford a laywer. This is really a good kid who knows he did really wrong. He is an honor roll student and has had the same part time job for 3 years since age 14. Is it possible to go to court and have me speak instead of a laywer? Because he is a senior and is working to pay for his own college we really need him to have this car. Thanks Robin

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Robin0402 said:
Maryland
My seventeen year old son got two tickets yesterday. One for drag racing (aren't they wonderful at this age) and the other for speed greater than reasonable. 6 points.
My question. I am a single mother and really can't afford a laywer. This is really a good kid who knows he did really wrong. He is an honor roll student and has had the same part time job for 3 years since age 14. Is it possible to go to court and have me speak instead of a laywer? Because he is a senior and is working to pay for his own college we really need him to have this car. Thanks Robin
My response:

Sure, absolutely.

As a matter of fact, and since he's a minor, and because you signed for his driver's license, the judge will absolutely INSIST on you talking to him, and him talking to you and your son.

Get ready to be BLASTED !

IAAL

HomeGuru

Six points for fast and furious.
Let's hope the Traffic Court judge does not act in the same manner.

Q

qadaq

For what it's worth you might be able to get a restricted license for him so he can still drive to work. Also, if his record's clean you might be able to cut a deal. It's also possible that when he turns 18 he can get his license back anyway because his juvenile records may be sealed. May God be with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">