• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illeagle U-Turn Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr Raider Fan

california. two way, two lane street in business district. I tried to make a left turn into a perpendicular parking space and was sited for making an illegal u-turn.

california vehicle code states: "665.5. A "U-turn" is the turning of a vehicle upon a highway so as to proceed in the opposite direction whether accomplished by one continuous movement or not."

the officer said that after I return to my car and leave, I complete the remainder of the illegal u-turn. I maintain that there is no continuity to the action.

I was hit by a motor cycle trying to pass me on the left well within 100 feet of an intersection. I was cited for the u-turn, the motor cycle driver was not cited for passing within 100 feet of an intersection. I believe that the cycle driver had just departed the police station parking lot 1/2 a block away and has connections there. i believe certain officers at the accident site are covering him at my expense.

HELP!

Q

qadaq

Being a Chiefs and Broncos fan I'm loathe to help you, (grin) but I would think that this would be defensible. What's to say you weren't going to back out and continue on in the same direction? Now this might buy you an "unsafe backing" instead, but I think the point could be made in court. Now whether the judge would buy it or not is another story. I hate to say this but I'd talk to an attorney. My guess, thought is that at least you have a chance. You might talk to the city attorney or whoever before your court date and see if he'll cut you deal. I've had them drop "failure to produce" tickets here when I showed them a license so I would think you can at least ask. He doesn't want to take this to court any more than you do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">