• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ouil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amm23

I live in michigan. In june, my boyfriend and i were in a car accident. We were drinking. (i haven't drank since!) Anyway, i was charged with allowing an intoxicated person to drive. He was charged with OUIL. I go for my sentencing tomorrow. His trial is next week. He is fighting it. We were so drunk, we don't actually remember who was driving, and he was knocked unconscious. When he came to, i pulled him out. I said he was driving and i am 98% sure he was. All of my injuries were sustained on my right side. His were mainly to the right side also, but he did get a few cuts on the left. The driver seat was also broken. I weigh 120 lbs., he weighs ~220lbs. All evidence points to him as driver, but because we don't actually remember, i can't say. I am to testify next week. If for by some chance he gets off, can they come after me? We were the only two in the car, no one saw us get out. Tomorrow, my case will be over with. Because i have already been charged in the case, i would think they can't come after me, but i'm not sure. Can they come after me?

L

lawrat

This is not a conspiracy over you. If they can't make the case against him, odds are if they have a conviction against you, they won't come after you for a different charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">