• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revocable living trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DEL

resident..new york state....i have a revocable living trust and everything i own is in it, now does haveing this type of trust make it more difficult for some one to get a judgement and collect it and take my property/assets under this condition, being that everything is in a revocable trust. thank you for time.

L

loku

It might make it a very little bit more difficult because the creditor would have to specify that the assets are in the trust in the collection process. However, the revocable trust in no way protects your assets from creditors. Other than in name, the assets are still yours as long as you have the power to revoke the trust, and any creditor of yours can get to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">